template

August 23, 2008

The joys of motherhood


Now my days consist of counting poopy diapers, and feeding on demand. Sleep? What is sleep? I also spend my days taking sitz baths to repair what damages occurred during labor. I didn't even have any tears and I still cringe when I go to the bathroom. I can't imagine those who have severe damage. I haven't had much post partum, I feel pretty good, but I am afraid to leave the house on my own. I am afraid that as soon as I leave he will need to be fed, and I will be stuck somewhere I don't want to be. I am also afraid that I will have to go to the bathroom without my water bottle, which is a life saver by the way. I am sure all of this will pass with time, at least I hope so. Another thing I wasn't quite prepared for was the engorgement, OMG. The pain of your breasts about to explode is so hard to explain until you have experienced it. Luckily this has gotten much better, but I was not prepared for this. Tylenol and frequent nursing is the cure. I didn't care if he was sleeping at times, I made sure he ate every 2 hours to give me some relief. I also pumped a bit, but that seems to make things worse. Whatever I pumped it came back 2 fold.

I really cherish the time that Adam is at home to take us places, I like having him around. He is such a big helper and a great father. With all the changes, I can tell you, good and bad they are all worth it. Being a mother is the most rewarding experience, I get to take care of this little being that I love so much. He is so innocent and changes so much everyday. We are truly blessed.

1 comment:

Kati said...

The pain will subside.. and soon enough you will have baby fever!

You little man is tooo cute!!

Have a great weekend!