template

January 7, 2012

Time flies when we are having fun!

They boys have had a great week!  I can't believe we have gone the whole week without any major issues.

POOP WATCH!
Noah decided to eat a screw! Which is something that has been occupying some of my time this week.
This was our conversation while in the car:
Noah: "Mommy, I was hungry so I ate a screw!"
Me: "You did what?  Where did you get a screw?"
Noah: "I found it, but it's okay mommy it was a cute screw." which I hope means it was small
Me: "Noah, you cannot eat screws.  That will hurt your belly."
Noah: "It's okay mommy, I will eat lunch to cover it up."

I promise I feed him, I am not sure why he did this.  Curiosity I suppose, but I am sure it is not the last time. So I have already made a call to our phone nurse, even though we haven't seen the new Doctor. The said to make sure he didn't have any abdominal pain or bloody stools.  She predicted that it would pass in 3-4 days, to make sure to check each of his poops for the screws.  So, we have been on a poop watch since Monday.  He hasn't passed it yet, or maybe I missed it, or maybe he didn't really even eat a screw.  I am not sure, but it has been a funny topic around here.  Noah now knows not to eat screws, and if he does it again we will need to take him to the Doctor for "pokey shots"  which he hates.

Also on Tuesday, I took a good fall on the ice while taking Noah to school.  I fell forward while holding Austin, but luckily most of the impact was on my elbow and knee. Thankfully he didn't hit the ground, however, it must have really scared him because he was pretty upset but didn't have a BHS!  I was really embarrassed and needed help from a few of the other moms.  They thought I had broken my arm, but it was all just a funny misunderstanding that really hurt my pride.

I am happy to report that we have been BHS FREE since we left the hospital on Sunday.  That is almost 6 days!  I am so happy for him.  Yesterday, Austin decided to start walking around using his push toys, it is so adorable.  He has been such a happy boy this week who loves to talk!  Here is a video of him pushing his train around for the first time:


Today we took the boys to the pool, I think it was Austin's first time.  Noah is such a little fish.  He loves to dive down and get toys from the bottom of the pool.  He can't quite swim all the way on his own yet, but he is so comfortable int he water.  Austin was very memorized by all the action.  He just loves to people watch, and just chill with me in the hot tub. He is my kind of kid!

Today is Austin's last day of meds for C Diff.  I pray that he doesn't have  relapse, while it is unlikely, it could happen.

We have a few things coming up on the schedule.  We hope to meet our new pediatrician in a few weeks, hopefully not before :).  Austin has a follow up with ENT, a follow up with Neurology, and a sleep study in February.

While 2012 has already had a few hiccups, at least they are normal.  I have loved this new beginning for our family.  I hope this is a good indicator of what is to come.

No comments: