template

December 18, 2011

Do his ears still hurt?

On Friday Austin had an awesome morning. He played by himself most of the morning which is a miracle. He took a great mid day nap, but then he woke from his nap very cranky. I tried Motrin and that seemed to help. The kids got home from school around 4. Abby and Austin were playing happily when Abby grabbed Austin's legs, a game he loves to play. His chin seemed to hit the floor, which put him into a full bad breath holding spell. He finally woke up still screaming. He was pulling at his ears so we decided to try ear drops even though he has been on meds for 7 days. Within 5 minutes he was happily playing again. I don't know what was bothering him if there isn't fluid or an infection, but at least the drops work. We still haven't gotten a call from the scheduler so I don't know when we will have the tubes surgery. I did cheat and leave 2 messages for her on Friday. If I don't hear from her on Monday I am tempted to go to the hospital and just start screaming "someone please fix my child!" tomorrow is our last day of meds, we will become a ticking time bomb at that point because it's not a question of if but of when. I just hope it's not on Christmas. Until Friday we had been BHS free for 5 days. Now the count is back down to 2.

No comments: